Michaels Craft Tour - Day One
9-14-2013

I Love Jo Pearson! She is creative, passionate, intelligent and her favorite color is glitter! What more could you ask for?

How about, not one, but a two day adventure with Jo on the Michaels Craft Tour! I must be dreaming!

The awesome Michaels Craft Tour truck
Day One

As I arrive in the parking lot outside the St Louis Cardinals Busch Stadium I can already feel the excitement bubbling up inside of me. I get out of the car and start walking toward the truck, my first impression...this thing is big, I mean really big! It's an eighteen wheeler box but with extensions on both sides. I'm excited to get a look inside!


Michaels Craft Tour truck outside of the St Louis Cardinals Busch Stadium

 I stop of course to snap a few pictures.

I love the look of the truck! It's eye catching and inviting. 


I feel like Vanna White! I'd like an "M" please. 

Once I snapped a few pictures I was greeted by none other than Jo Pearson herself. Jo is the Where Creativity Happens Manager for Michaels and quite frankly, in my opinion, the queen of the craft world.


Meet Jo Pearson

You may remember the recently aired television show TLC's Craft Wars where Jo represented Michaels as a judge. Well now...she is taking her creativity on tour!


TLC's Craft Wars

From the moment she met me at the truck I felt like I was part of the Michaels family.

Jo Pearson and me outside the Michaels Craft Tour truck

Getting ready to step into the truck

The inside of the truck is just as spectacular as the outside and I might add very spacious. There are wood floors, bright lighting, large crafting areas, a helpful crew and craft supplies galore. It's a 1,000 square foot studio of fun!

There were interactive social media walls to take a picture and then share your finished product through #michaelscrafttour and TV monitors rolling with DIY videos. Each time I looked at one of the walls I saw something new. I was mesmerized.

Everyone is welcome, and no matter your age, you will enjoy being on this truck. Whether you are a novice or an experienced craft lover, I guarantee you will learn some cool tips and walk away with a great craft project.

They have two crafting areas set up with a different and fun project on each. On this day, they have set up on one of the tables a fun red and white key ring project in honor of our hometown Cards.

Jo said they like to pick projects that are easy, fun, do not take a lot of time and that everyone can do. Whether you are two or a hundred and two, they will make sure you have a great experience.


Mary and Jo talking about the key ring craft

Once I had a chance to try the key ring craft my eyes immediately went over to the other table.

It was quite impressive. There were piles of card stock, bling and glue dots! Oh my!


Just a sampling of what was on the table


And...as if that is not enough! Sitting on the table were two hot pink Spellbinders! A what you ask? Just one of the best things since sliced bread, and it makes card making a cinch!

The magical Spellbinders
I couldn't get enough! I felt like a kid...
Can I make another one! Can I make another one!
Once I got my head around all of the possibilities, I had no idea where to start! There were so many goodies sitting in front of me...piles of card stock, glittery paper, stamp pads, stamps, colorful tape, jewels, metallic seals, fun foam and more! WOW! OK I need help!

Luckily, Ken Oliver, the sales & creative development executive of Spellbinders was anxious to help you create a magnificent card! (Be sure to clink on Ken's name to visit his blog for some creative ideas!)



Me and Ken just having a little fun with the scraps!

Linda one of the Michaels crew on the truck
giving me some great card making tips

Jo Pearson helping out at the table

Jo said my card looked wonderful
I felt like a kid proudly showing there mom what they did in school!

Making the cards were like eating M&M's, you can't stop at just one! Let's just say, I did a few.


I made this one for my best friend Dawn

I have to do a best friend plug here. Dawn is actually Jo's daughter and an amazingly talented young woman herself! She makes these adorable party hats and sells them in her Etsy store called Doodles Dots N Dimples. Her hats and the matching bloomers are great for those super cute cake smashing photos that are so popular now. She has digital invitations and more! Go check it out. 

I love this girl!

There was a steady stream of people coming into the truck all afternoon. Dawn and I even jumped in and helped stuff giveaway bags. So they let us go out and pass them out! Could I possibly be anymore excited! I even got to wear a Michaels apron! Woot Woot! I was starting to feel like one of the crew! One, two, three....GO MICHAELS!

Let's go pass out some free Michaels goody bags!

It really was a great afternoon, everyone was extremely talented on the truck, helpful and very welcoming. I learned a lot, walked away with some super cute cards and crafts and I think it is safe to say, that by the end of the day...My head was in the clouds.

Thank you Michaels Craft Tour!

And yes...this is only day one! 


This entry was posted on 12:23 PM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Gypsy Heart said...

    I'm so glad you went to this and met Jo! She's a very dear friend of me and my daughter...and a hoot, to say the least. :) My daughter has worked with her for years at Michael's Corporate office. Fun times for you and friends there!

    Pat

  1. ... on September 22, 2013 at 3:31 AM