Kickboxing Class
March 10, 2011

WOW I haven't sweat like that, well...wait...I have never sweat like that! Victoria, our instructor, is kicking my butt! Goodness, I don't know where she gets the energy!

I am getting much better though. I have gone from only doing the moves when she is looking (I know, I know, don't judge) to actually DOING the moves. Mainly because I felt that since the class was through the church, I really shouldn't be cheating. Well that and my friend Gina called me out on that one...she said “I bet you did that in gym class when you were in high school to!” She was right. Ugh!

The first class...I was lucky to get through, got light headed almost passed out. Yep, and that was with only doing the moves when she was looking. Not pretty. And you know a little annoying, everyone else kept going in the wrong direction.  Left hook, right hook, upper cut...no wait, right hook, left hook, upper....oh just flail the arms in the air when she looks!

Second class...a little better, however, this is the class that I realized my legs are too long and my arms are too short, and the muffin in the middle gets in the way when trying to reach my toes. And it doesn't matter if I am standing or sitting on the floor, I just can't get my toes to come any closer to my dang finger tips.

Oh, and yeah, turns out, it was me going in the wrong direction. Go figure. I also confirmed that I have no coordination what so ever.  Rhythm…sure. Coordination…Nada. Note to self...never make fun of the kids again or say things like...”No...your other left darling.”

Third class, getting better...I held the plank position the whole time. I'm thinking there might actually be something to this working out stuff. No wait....got home, felt the stiffness set in...ouch. But it was a good pain, right?

Fourth class...I really poured it on, trying to make sure I was focused, and not just when she was looking. The pain level after class, much, much better. Might have pulled something though pretending to do all that ab work. Ok, still have to cheat a bit here and there.

But all in all...I am making very good progress! I'm even taking the advanced class tomorrow night. I WILL be in the back of the class though, because I am almost certain I will be cheating in this class just to get through it. But Victoria assures me that if I just keep moving it is still helping. I am not going to lie, probably taking a sick day on Friday. So for those counting...that's one beginner class on Monday and one advanced class on Thursday. Oh yeah! (Apparently I like to torture myself.)

Fast forward…

Well...you see I had so much time before my kickboxing class that I stopped to get gas. Not really a problem. However, my little girl is with me. Again not a problem per say. But she was hungry soooo, I being the good mother that I am, stopped at McDonald’s.

So as I sit here guiltily shoving down my mc club...with bacon of course...i am truly wondering how in the heck I am going to get through class without a cramp at this point!

My new moves will be...
Touch my knees (can't reach the toes)
Flail the arms (look liked I can keep up in the advanced class)
Drop to the floor (mc club fighting back)
Stand up before she sees me and I have to lie and tell her that was NOT me in the drive-thru! 
And of course...Yell when I kick, (she'll think I am really getting into it..really I will be covering up the shooting pains from eating so fast!!!)


Pretty sure this will be my last class. Maybe I should try walking…


This entry was posted on 12:44 PM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: