My Boy
September 1998

Bruises and scrapes
adorn both his legs.
My daredevil on wheels,
Oh how he begs...

The blood trickles down,
The tears how they flow.
Grab the boo boo bunny,
He cures all you know.

He's fearless, yet needs me.
He wants to be free.
Oh how I wonder, how will it be?
When he grows up to be much older and wiser than me.

Will he still need me?
Will he still care?
Will he still want me?
Do I dare?

But for now I will take him,
No matter how fickle.
For the day soon will come,
When the needs from me trickle.

I will always look back, and remember the days
when I was the one who knew all the ways
To make all his boo boos, his trouble and woes
All go away as I wiggled his toes.

At best I can only make a wise guess.
As the years past us by he will need me much less.
Gone will be the days of bruises and scrapes.
Of kisses on foreheads and pats on the back.

Replace with "good luck
And "please keep in touch"
You can only hope
You've instilled in him such.

Oh how I'll miss that sweet little boy
But oh how I'll love to see him all grown
And to tell all my grand kids
of the stories we've sewn.











This entry was posted on 2:01 PM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: