As we struggle through hoping that these new drugs will buy us a few more months with my Dad, I came across this poem I wrote for him more than 10 years ago for father's day. It seems kind of fitting right now.

I love you Daddy.

Daddy

When I'm feeling down
and life seems rough.
I can always count on you
to help see me through.

With caring words
Like "keep the faith".
Or those great big hugs
that make me feel so safe.

Daddy's little girl
I want to always be.
Yet I hope for your strength
to reside in me.

These words I don't say
Nearly often enough.
I love you Daddy
In good times and tough.

The years pass us by
Ever so quickly.
But the times that we've shared
I will treasure so deeply.

The songs that we've danced to
The trips to the zoo.
The times that we've spent
Just me and you.

The fatherly talks
The advice that you give.
I will never forget them
As long as I live.

I love you Daddy
Truly I do.
Hugs and kisses
From me to you.









This entry was posted on 2:16 PM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: