Pinterest seems to be the place to to find out what the world likes. From recipes, crafting tips and decorating ideas to fitness plans, photography and bucket lists. You name it, someone is putting it on Pinterest, and yes, that includes me. I find it well...addicting!

Although I can't help wondering...are we setting ourselves up to be disappointed?


I mean I have lots of, what I think, are great ideas, fun crafts to try, gorgeous hair pics, places and things I want to do on my bucket list...it goes on and on. However, after just saying that all out loud, dang, I'm kind of depressed. Because I haven't tried most of those great ideas! I definitely do not have that great hair, and I haven't even dented my bucket list! Jeeesh!


Although, it is important to dream, to picture your life the way you would like it, to put those positive things out there. It is also equally important to take steps to make those things happen. To never venture out and take action on those dreams is just not living. You are given one chance in this life, why not make it count?!

I recently had a friend (whom I highly recommend that you follow her blog www.cathyflewthecoop.com) that, well, had her life turned upside down. So, instead of taking it lying down, she got up, dusted herself off and did what every sound minded dreamer would do...she sold off everything and started traveling the world taking pictures and writing about her journey.  Yep! She did it! It wasn't an easy step, it was a scary, brave, invigorating, a "what am I doing?" kind of step. A step onto a road she had never traveled down before. But, she took the first step and she is living her dream for herself and making a difference in the lives of others along the way.

So as I sit here at my desk, in my house, inside looking out the same window, pinning another dream, idea and want onto my Pinterest boards, dreaming about what else I would like to do in my life. I lift my cold coffee in the air, grin and give an imaginary toast to my friend Cathy whom is living her dream and making her one shot at this life count. Here's to you Cathy and your road less traveled! May many of us follow in your foot steps until we find our own road to travel.  Cheers!


The Road Not Taken


 by: Robert Frost


Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, 
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth; 
Then took the other, just as fair, 
And having perhaps the better claim, 
Because it was grassy and wanted wear; 
Though as for that passing there
Had worn them really about the same, 
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black. 
Oh, I kept the first for another day! 
Yet knowing how way leads to way, 
I doubted if I should ever come back. 
Somewhere ages and ages hence: 
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by, 
And that has made all the difference.


Make your dream a reality, choose your path, follow your spirit and live your life now...for tomorrow is not promised. What better day than today to start living your dream! Good luck on your journey!



This entry was posted on 8:26 AM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    Unknown said...

    Terri, I can't tell you how much it means that you say I was an inspiration to you. You were so instrumental in helping me take the step of faith I needed to pursue this dream. I love reading your blog and hearing the stories of your journey. I have missed being able to spend time with you, but am grateful that through the magic of the internet we are able to stay connected. You are such a beautiful person inside and out and I am blessed to have you as a friend!

  1. ... on May 1, 2014 at 9:18 AM  
  2. Tomorrow's Wishes said...

    Cathy, thank you for that wonderful comment. I am equally inspired and blessed to have you in my life. I truly cannot wait to see all of the great things you are going to accomplish on this life's journey. Safe travels, I will follow your path on your blog and look forward to giving you a great big hug when we do get to see each other again. Many blessings.

  3. ... on May 8, 2014 at 6:09 AM