Walking around the property this morning I came across this tiny nest that must have fallen from the tree above.

So much care was taken to weave it...colorful twine, fur for warmth, it was a perfect little home. But here it laid on the ground...empty.



Time goes by incredibly fast, too fast. I guess I am starting to feel the "empty nest" creeping up on me in our own home. Yes we still have one at home and yes she's only 12, but she is quickly growing into a beautiful young lady before our eyes. One day she will leave us with an empty nest. ((Sigh))

(However, based on the completely unreasonable dating rules we have set for her, that shouldn't be until she's 30.)

Oh how I wish my mom was still with me, to hug her once more and to tell her that she was right and that I finally get it. All of those milestones I just couldn't wait to reach; "I wish I was 10, 13, 16, 18, 21..." Those have quickly turned into, "Wait, what happened to 30?...40?..."

Now as I look at this empty nest laying on the ground, I think ahead to the ever so quickly approaching chapter 50 in my life. How did it fly by so quickly?

It's a gentle reminder, a reminder that I am blessed with another chapter. And also a reminder that tomorrow's wishes, those things you always wanted to do, the places you said you would always go...it's time...time to do it all. Time to start on that bucket list!

Let me tell ya, I plan on making the second half of my life book a page turner full of family, friends, new adventures, and lots of laughter! Bring it on!


This entry was posted on 8:59 AM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: